WELCOME!

WELCOME! I used this blog to share our family's homeschooling thoughts and experiences. Our oldest child, EL, finished her formal education in May 2017, and we graduated our son, JJ, from High School in May 2021. I will leave this blog up for anyone who wishes to read our curriculum reviews or see what types of field trips and/or activities we participated in.

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Making A Milky Way (from CTG Week 15)

Science this past week lead us into learning about the Solar System and the Milky Way Galaxy. We watched several different videos about these things on You Tube (there are MANY to choose from!) Some of the videos included Pluto as a planet. Others have removed Pluto, saying it is no longer classified as a planet, but is now considered a dwarf planet. I don't know what I think about it all just yet, but the kids seem to think Pluto should still be included. Hmmm.

We also made our own "milky way" by pouring a little bit of milk into a spinning cup of coffee.

Here are a couple of pictures to share. I had a short video to show you also, but I tried uploading it and, 3 hours later, it was still not done loading! So, I gave up. Anyway, here are the pictures...




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to read your comments!