|Wednesday, August 22, 2018 - We had a "back-to-school breakfast" of a Toaster Strudel, half of a banana, and a cup of coffee.|
|JJ was being camera shy. |
He wasn't thrilled about starting back to school.
|But his cat, Sofie, tends to make him smile.|
This is JJ's Sophomore year. We have quite a line-up of subjects for him to do, but I think it will be a good year. Over the summer, I did a lot of researching and planning to come up with a course of study that will hopefully be challenging, yet enjoyable. We have learned that he is a visual learner, and also enjoys working with his hands, so I tried to tailor his studies with those styles of learning in mind.
This is what we have chosen to use for his curriculum this year:
- American History - I made my own lesson plans using a variety of resources, including Drive Thru History and America The Story of Us.
- Biology - Again, I made my own lesson plans with a mix of resources, using the Biology 101 DVD curriculum as the core.
- Basic Math & Pre-Algebra -We are trying CTC Math online curriculum this year.
- English/Grammar - Queen Homeschool's Language Lessons for the Secondary Child Vol. 2
- Composition - Igniting Your Writing II
- Spelling - K12 Reader's FREE High School Spelling Words (36 Week Program)
- Intro to Logic - The Fallacy Detective
- Fundamentals of Drawing - Lamb's Book of Art II
- Bible - The Pauline Epistles
- Physical Education - A membership to a Teen class at a local gym. Classes will be held 2x per week starting in September.
Have a great school year!