WELCOME!

WELCOME! I used this blog to share our family's homeschooling thoughts and experiences. Our oldest child, EL, finished her formal education in May 2017, and we graduated our son, JJ, from High School in May 2021. I will leave this blog up for anyone who wishes to read our curriculum reviews or see what types of field trips and/or activities we participated in.

Monday, May 31, 2021

FINAL POST On SONset Academy: JJ's Senior Year 2020-2021

I'm sorry to say I didn't do any blogging for JJ's Senior Year. It was a strange year with the Pandemic and everything else that was going on, and I just didn't have it in me to blog. But, last weekend, we graduated our son from High School, so I want to at least give a quick review of his Senior year... 

First Day of Senior Year


First day of first W-2 job: Dairy Queen
 

Visiting the Welding Program at Community College


Video Production Class


PROM with a sweet young lady.


GRADUATION DAY!!

Inside the house before making the graduation walk, all the memories we shared over the years came flooding in at once. All the good times we had. All the hard times we had. I wouldn't change any of it, not even the hard times, for it was those moments that helped us to learn and grow. I truly cherish this son of mine, and am thankful my husband and I chose to spend these years teaching him (and also his sister) in our private home school.

It has been 16 years since I first began teaching back in 2005 and, since our youngest child has completed High School, I am now officially RETIRED as a full-time educator.

With that in mind, this will be my last post on this blog. Thank you for reading and for following along through the years. I will be leaving this blog up for those who want to read my curriculum reviews, or read about our adventures through the years. You are always welcome to contact me with any thoughts or questions you may have. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to read your comments!